Farmers can make tremendous productivity gains if they have access to the best agricultural practices and required information on what to grom, when to grow
Farming with Stevia World, we provide farmers the information they need to cultivate Stevia and improve their practices – in the right format and at the right moment. With contract farming of Stevia we complement technical assistance, assess the soil constituents, plans to implement best practices and improvements towards better production and monitor progress on their farms over time.
With the motto of promoting stevia along with improving the lives of farmers, Stevia World come up with the idea of Contract Farming.
- With a little effort on the assessment of soil and climate condition along with proper irrigation, nutrition and pest management plan, stevia cultivation is just a piece of cake for anyone who wants to cultivate.
- We Encourage GAP (Good Agricultural Practices) throughout the cultivation from the beginning till harvest.
- Stevia World contracts selective farmers to grow their variety of Stevia plants providing them with saplings and fully detailed training in-line with industry best practices for crop management till harvest. We also provide all the inputs required in terms of plant nutrition and pest management throughout its life cycle.
The three major requirement for stevia cultivation is Soil Type, Climate and Irrigation
- Soil - Stevia prefers a well-drained fertile sandy loam or loam soil, high in organic matter with ample supply of water. It requires a pH ranges from 6-7 for better growth.
- Climate - Semi-Humid, Subtropical climatic condition shows better yield. Day length is critical and long spring and summer days favour the leaf growth.
- Irrigation - Stevia can’t stand drought, it needs water. Micro sprinkler and drip irrigation is most preferred. Care should be taken as too much soil moisture can cause rotting of root.
Stevia World provides these farmers with a buy back agreement for the entire produce from their farm with the produce picked from the farm-gate itself.
Interested farmers can approach us through phone/mail or direct for more details.